Friday, March 30, 2012

ReportBuilder Issues w/ Form Authentication

I successfully created an authentication and authorization extension for SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. However, when I login into Report Manager, I never see the Report Builder button. I assigned the account to System Administrator and also gave it Content Manager permissions. I searched everywhere but can't find an answer. If I revert back to Windows Authentication, everything works fine.I got the Security Extension Sample up and running, and it also does not show the Report Builder button. Is this a bug with Report Manager or am I not setting something in the config files?|||You can modify your security component to allow this by making sure that permission for each activity is granted to a sysadmin user group (specified in your configuration file) at login. (This is your authorization class if you follow the sample.)

If the only thing you are worried about is Report Builder access you can control through through a link in your own solution as well. All the button does is launch http://yourservername/ReportServer/ReportBuilder/ReportBuilder and let the click-once app take over. You would may still need to fix your auth class to save anything though.

No comments:

Post a Comment