Wednesday, March 28, 2012

report viewer web part error

I'm having problems with the SharePoint configuration on a REport Viewer web
part. When Report Explorer and Report Viewer are used together, all is fine.
This is just trying to configure Report Viewer as a stand alone web part.
My direct URL path to a report is:
http://server01/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fCorporate+Applications%2fOpen+Requests+By+Priority
In the Report Manager URL box, I have http://server01/Reports.
In the Report Path box I have:
/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fCorporate+Applications%2fOpen+Requests+By+Priority.
I get the Reporting Services Error in the Report Viewer web part:
"The path of the item
'/reportserver?%2fCorporate+Applications%2fOpen+Requests+By+Priority&rs:Command=Render'
is not valid. The full path must be less than 260 characters long, must start
with slash; other restrictions apply. Check the documentation for complete
set of restrictions. (rsInvalidItemPath) "
Of course the doc just tells me my path is too long, which it's not.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
PaulI have the same problem...did you figure out a solution? If so, can
you send it to me at ram.pisipati@.lmco.com
Thanks
Ram|||Hi,
I got the same error !
solution:
just enter the folder name from reporting service
i.e. /AD+Site+Reports
Torsten
ram.pisipati@.lmco.com schrieb:
> I have the same problem...did you figure out a solution? If so, can
> you send it to me at ram.pisipati@.lmco.com
> Thanks
> Ram|||Not sure I understand you correctly. Where do you want me to enter the
folder name?
the report viewer web part takes two parameters and this is what I am
entering for each of the parameters
Report Server path: http://www.myserver.com/Reports/?
Report path: /TestFolder/TestReport
Thanks in advance
Ram

No comments:

Post a Comment