Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Viewing and Vista

Hi

I am facing a strange problem while viewing a Windows Report in Windows Vista.

I have a machine which has Vista installed as the Operating system. I have two user id created to log into the system.

(Assumed user A and User B). Both the users have the same login credentials. However, the default user of the system is

User B.

I have a windows application, which uses Winreports for viewing the reports. I am creating the entire rdlc on - the - fly based on

the parameters specified from the User Interface. If I log into the system using user A and try to view the reports, the report is

perfectly generated and is being viewed properly without any error. However, if I log into the system using User B (the

default user of the system) and then try to view the same report (with all the parameters same) I am getting an Unauthorised

Access Violation error.

Please help with some of our valuable suggestions.

FYI: This happens only on PC having Windows Vista as the Operating System

Thanking you in advance,

Kind Regards,

PS

Hi Everybody,

Thank you very much to everybody who went through this issue.

Actually, the profile of user B had some issues. I deleted the account User B and re - created again, and it worked fine.

Thanking You once again,

Kind Regards,

Pratik

No comments:

Post a Comment