Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Viewer webpart did not work in wss 3.0

Hi,

I just installed a fresh lab machine with WSS 3.0 and SQL 2005. I registered the RS web parts.

In the home page I added the Reports Explorer and the Report viewer web parts. I set up the Reports Explorer and the list of reports are showed.

When I connect the Report Viewer Web part to get report from the Report Explorer web part I get the maintenance WSS page. I have to delete the Report Viewer web part to have the page working again.

If I use only the Reports Viewer with a report (not connected to Reports Explorer) is working just fine.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Any hints on how to investigate this is also much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

I also ran into this and I reported it as an issue on connect.microsoft.com. However, according to the feedback, it is by design and it won't be fixed.|||

Thanks Teo,

I hope it will be solved at some point. Until then, I am using RS in integration mode. It works very nice.

Dan

|||

Take a look at this;

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/maintain/webrssp2.mspx

When I try to add a Web Part to a SharePoint page, I get the following error message: "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe."

Make sure you have followed all of the steps in the Installing the Web Parts section, Installation Process subsection of this paper, including using the –url option to stsadm. If you used the –globalinstall option, try leaving it out so the Web Part package is installed to the bin directory of the virtual server. Manually verify that the bin directory under your SharePoint Web root contains a file called RSWebParts.dll. If you installed SharePoint in the default Web root, this directory would be C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin. A copy of this DLL may be found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Reporting Services\SharePoint\RSWebParts.cab (assuming that Reporting Services is installed in the default location).

|||He has the web parts working allright. It's just that the RS 2005 web parts are coded against the WSS 2.0 object model and don't support connections. Based on what I've heard they won't be enhanced to support the WSS 3.0 connections feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment