Friday, March 30, 2012

Report with x items per page. Can't get this to work.

I have a very simple design that is causing a very large headache, and
I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.
All I need is for my report to have some information at the top, a
list of 5 items, and then some information at the bottom. But there
maybe more then 5 items, say 10. So I would need to generate 2 pages
with all the same information at the top and the bottom but the first
page would contain the first 5 lines and the second the next 5 lines.
The number of items would vary anywhere from 1 to 100, so it needs to
start a new page every 5 items.
I'm actually not using a database connection instead I'm using .net
object that contains all the information I need, including the list of
items. Now when I use a table or list and grouping so I can group the
items into chunks of 5, and then use a page break on group end I can
generate the next page, but the next set of items start at the top of
the page not where the list is on layout, and none of my other
information repeats. Now I've also tried using headers and footers
but for some reason it says I can't use "Fields" in the header and
footer sections so the additional information I need to display cant
be put in the header and foot.
This seems like a very very simple report yet I can't get the report
to do what I need.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanx.On Mar 30, 10:31 am, Edgey.Er...@.gmail.com wrote:
> I have a very simple design that is causing a very large headache, and
> I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.
> All I need is for my report to have some information at the top, a
> list of 5 items, and then some information at the bottom. But there
> maybe more then 5 items, say 10. So I would need to generate 2 pages
> with all the same information at the top and the bottom but the first
> page would contain the first 5 lines and the second the next 5 lines.
> The number of items would vary anywhere from 1 to 100, so it needs to
> start a new page every 5 items.
> I'm actually not using a database connection instead I'm using .net
> object that contains all the information I need, including the list of
> items. Now when I use a table or list and grouping so I can group the
> items into chunks of 5, and then use a page break on group end I can
> generate the next page, but the next set of items start at the top of
> the page not where the list is on layout, and none of my other
> information repeats. Now I've also tried using headers and footers
> but for some reason it says I can't use "Fields" in the header and
> footer sections so the additional information I need to display cant
> be put in the header and foot.
> This seems like a very very simple report yet I can't get the report
> to do what I need.
> Any help would be appreciated, Thanx.
Have you tried adding the header and footer information in the
grouping rows (top and bottom rows of the table control (if you're
using any))?
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment