Monday, March 26, 2012

Report Viewer Redistribution

I am creating a .NET WinForm app and would like to include the files required for the ReportViewer component (SP1). Can someone tell me where I can find these files? Also, can I simply drop these files in the folder where the rest of my app is going to reside, or does an installation have to take place?

Thanks - Amos.

http://prologika.com/CS/blogs/blog/archive/2007/03/27/report-viewer-sp1-redistributables.aspx|||

Teo,

Is the ReportViewer.Exe file the only alternative I have if I want to install the Viewer as part of my application? I would rather not force my uses to install my application and then install ReportViewer.Exe as a separate install step.

Amos.

|||You can drop the ReportViewer assemblies in your application bin folder.|||

Teo,

That was the point of my original question. What are all the required assemblies, and where are they? When I ran the ReportViewer.exe, it installed the assemblies but I couldn't tell what they were or where they went.

Amos.

|||

I appologize for missing your point. Go to GAC (C:\Windows\assembly). The assemblies whose names start with Microsoft.ReportViewer.* are the ReportViewer assemblies. There are six of them but depends on the your application technology you won't need all of them, e.g. you won't need the WebDesign and WebForms assemblies with Windows Forms applications.

To extract the assemblies from GAC you can use the GACViewer utility.

|||

Teo,

Thank you very much!

Amos.

No comments:

Post a Comment