Friday, March 30, 2012

report with ssis package as source

The report having SSIS package as source works fine on my local 32 bit windows xp machine from Report Manager. But same doesn't work from 64bit windows 2003 machine... fails with below error... what could be an issue?

  • An error has occurred during report processing.
  • Cannot create a connection to data source 'DataSource1'.

  • is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
  • The same works fine when previewed from visual studio on 64 bit machine.

    Thanks

    Mahesh

  • If you search for SSIS AND 64 on these forums, you will find a lot of woes and advice. I don't know anything about the driver you're using for the connection to this datasource, but I suspect that this thread http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=610493&SiteID=1

    and similar will be helpful....

    >L<

    |||

    I still could not fix the issue.

    I have very simple packages which pulls data from flat file to DataReader Destination. (Data reader destination uses ADO.NET )

    Let me know how to make use 32 bit OLE DB and ADO.NET connection providers instead of 64 bit.

    Thanks

    Mahesh

    |||

    >> Let me know

    I'm afraid I can't do your research for you on this one, just point you to resources.

    Did you search the forums? For example,

    c. For an OLE DB provider to be available only in 32bit (i.e. JET), does not necessarily mean that you cannot run it on 64bit machines. You can, but it will be in WOW64 emulation mode. The only downside to that is if you need the 64bit address space of huge memory (i.e. greater than 4GB). Otherwise, it’s not a problem.

    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1785799&SiteID=1

    ... Which also points to a white paper.

    YOu will find more information about the emulation mode here http://ssis.wik.is/64-bit_Story

    I'm sorry -- this is all I can do for you.

    >L<

    |||

    The problem got automatically resolved after installing SP2.

    Thanks Lisa for trying to help.

    |||

    Oh for goodness' sakes <sigh>. Thanks for posting back with the answer, I'm sure it will help other people...

    >L<

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment