Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Viewer Web Part - Error - Help!

I am trying to integrate reports that I have built with VS 2005 and deployed to my report server locally.

The path to the report is

http://SERVERNAME/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fBilling+System+Reports%2fBasic+Financial+Reports%2fBasic+Financial+Statistics+-+TimeKeeper+YTD

When I put that into the "Report" parameter the web part display an error:

The report server has encountered a configuration error. See the report server log files for more information

And when I click on the ellipses, I get a pop up with the same error.

I installed SQL2005 SP2 and the RS Add on for MS sharepoint CTP

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Erik

Assuming your report server is configured in SharePoint integrated mode (which I'm not sure it is). You don't use the report server path for the web part, you use the path to the report in SharePoint. You can get this path from the document library where the report is stored.

|||

What if I just want the web part to act like an iframe into the reporting services web front end, like the web parts for 2000 worked? Are these web parts not designed to work this way? If not, are there any 2005 web parts for viewing reports on the SSRS front end?

Thanks!

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment