Friday, March 30, 2012

ReportBuilder 2005 and non-SSL

I've installed SQL Server 2005 CTP and I can't get ReportBuilder to
work. Everything is on a single XP computer. There are two possible
issues I can think of:
1. I've installed this "side-by-side" with an instance of SQL Server
2000 and Reporting Services 2000. Thus the virtual directories
localhost/Reports and ReportServer are already in use. I configured the
2005 to use Reports2 and ReportServer2.
2. There is no SSL certificate on my machine. I was hoping just to run
everything via http:. I noticed when I installed that the setup dialog
told that I had a certificate (!) and so it was going to install things
for SSL. However if I look in RSReportServer.config, I see <Add
Key="SecureConnectionLevel" Value="0"/>, which I believe means no SSL.
When I try to download reportbuilder from the Report Manager page, it
tells me that the download has been interrupted. If I just try to
execute the report builder .exe from the web directory, it does start
up and presents me with a user name/password dialog box. If I fill this
in and press OK, it tells me "No report server was found at
https://localhost/reportserver. That is, it is looking at the wrong
virtual directory and using the wrong protocol.
Is there some way to configure ReportBuilder so it uses a non-default
URL for the report server? Can I even use the CTP version without a
certificate?
Thanks...MikeDid you find the solution? I am having the same problem.
mike@.kraley.com wrote:
> I've installed SQL Server 2005 CTP and I can't get ReportBuilder to
> work. Everything is on a single XP computer. There are two possible
> issues I can think of:
> 1. I've installed this "side-by-side" with an instance of SQL Server
> 2000 and Reporting Services 2000. Thus the virtual directories
> localhost/Reports and ReportServer are already in use. I configured the
> 2005 to use Reports2 and ReportServer2.
> 2. There is no SSL certificate on my machine. I was hoping just to run
> everything via http:. I noticed when I installed that the setup dialog
> told that I had a certificate (!) and so it was going to install things
> for SSL. However if I look in RSReportServer.config, I see <Add
> Key="SecureConnectionLevel" Value="0"/>, which I believe means no SSL.
> When I try to download reportbuilder from the Report Manager page, it
> tells me that the download has been interrupted. If I just try to
> execute the report builder .exe from the web directory, it does start
> up and presents me with a user name/password dialog box. If I fill this
> in and press OK, it tells me "No report server was found at
> https://localhost/reportserver. That is, it is looking at the wrong
> virtual directory and using the wrong protocol.
> Is there some way to configure ReportBuilder so it uses a non-default
> URL for the report server? Can I even use the CTP version without a
> certificate?
> Thanks...Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment