Friday, March 30, 2012

Report won;t run with new paramters

I have a report that works just fine and has for some time. I had to make a
change and added a new parameter to the stored procedure. I updated the
report and republished it. It sees the parameter but doesn't seem to be
using it. I even ran SQL Profiler and it definitely is not calling the
stored procedure with the new parameter. I checked the RDL and it does know
about the parameter. I am just confused.
Stacey LevineTry deleting the report from the report server and redeploying it.
Andy Potter|||That did not work.. but..here is what I had to do to fix it. I had to go to
the data tab in visual studio and run the data set (stored procedure) and
enter the new parameters. Then I rebuilt and redeployed and it started
working. Not sure why.. but this did it.
Thanks.
Stacey
"Potter" <drewpotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1136925208.341658.254200@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Try deleting the report from the report server and redeploying it.
> Andy Potter
>|||If you add a parameter to a database object, you must either refresh or
execute the dataset in order for the MSRS to know about the new
parameter. This forces RS to execute its GetParameters() method for
the command. This parameter will then be listed on the Parameters tab
of the dataset (and similarly, in the RDL). The GetParameters() is not
called when you Preview the report.
The alternative is to manually enter the new parameter on the Parameter
tab of the dataset.
Andy Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment