Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report with multiple columns won't print in portrait

I have a report that has 6 columns and won't print in potrait mode. I have
set the page width to 8.5in and the page height to 5in. If I set the page
height to 11in it prints OK (but I need to limit the height to 5in.
Also, can I use this report as the report source for a subreport control?
Thanks,On Sep 11, 1:59 pm, "Tim Kelley" <tkel...@.company.com> wrote:
> I have a report that has 6 columns and won't print in potrait mode. I have
> set the page width to 8.5in and the page height to 5in. If I set the page
> height to 11in it prints OK (but I need to limit the height to 5in.
> Also, can I use this report as the report source for a subreport control?
> Thanks,
You might try modifying the Report Properties Layout, if you haven't
already: via: Layout view -> Report drop-down -> Report Properties... -
> Layout tab -> Page height:, Top margin:, Bottom margin:. If you are
using columns, reduce the Spacing: property. For the subreport
control, you can use the report; however, it it has report columns,
once it is exported it will remove the columns automatically. This is
evidently a flaw in the export functionality. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment